Prevention of Sexual Exploitation of Children and Adolescents in Maynas
The project? PREVENTION OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS IN MAYNAS? Funded by Terre des hommes and executed by alternative CHS Maynas Province - Loreto seeks to prevent and reduce child sexual exploitation issues, strengthening psychosocial protective factors and local networks, the implementation of public policies on child protection in a sustainable and concerted effort to prevent ESNNA in children and adolescents aged 10 to 17 years. And promoting the restoration of rights of adolescent girls and boys in situations of child sexual exploitation.
In Loreto there is growing demand for sex with teen myths product? Hyper Amazon women's sexuality?, Coupled with poor social acceptance and protection of children from the state and citizenship, which perpetuating impunity for the crime of sexual exploitation of children.
In recent years, the main actors and in particular the education sector has begun a process of implementation of prevention, detection and care of victims of sexual exploitation beginning to have an impact on families and the general population. However, it is urgent the realization of a sustainable multi-sectoral plan of prevention and eradication in order to reduce the rates of victimization by providing comprehensive protection of children and adolescents Loreto.
Lines of action
a) prevention activities with students, teachers and parents.
From baseline conducted to identify dimensions of the problem of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents as well as the needs and priorities of the province of Maynas, the project is implemented in 9 educational institutions where awareness and informs children and adolescents of both sexes on the issue of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
b) Activities of restoration of rights to male and female adolescents victims of sexual exploitation as well as awareness to their parents or guardians.
In the component of restoration of rights, a program will work to attract and support of adolescent boys and girls in situations of sexual exploitation, the car? recognition of their situation and promote the right to education through the integration and school monitoring. They implement a program of counseling and development of life skills.
c) Strengthening of networking services, including technical assistance for strengthening the public response to the problems, especially at regional and local government.
Technical assistance will work with regional government and local governments, aimed at laying the foundations for sustainability of the project through the implementation of public policy instrumentation and articulation.
It promotes civil society participation in forums organized regional and local public? Regional Committees and private and municipal coordinators and promote social audit actions of governance to strengthen the culture of transparency, accountability and citizen participation (democracy).
d) Visibility of the issue.
Considering the magnitude of the problem, we will seek to raise awareness and inform the public, authorities and public and private agencies on the problem, using a communications strategy differentiated by sector. Population will be reached through mass media and graphic material, public sector officials and private will be informed through a newsletter dedicated virtual
Additionally, include a transverse line of social audit work for the fulfillment of state obligations at various levels of government.
- Film forum: for students and parents to raise awareness and information about risk and protective factors for child sexual exploitation and trafficking of people, developed through a participatory approach geared to meaningful learning.
b) Restoration of rights to male and female adolescents victims of sexual exploitation.
- Social skills module: aimed at developing and strengthening social skills, risk identification, assertive communication, conflict resolution, decision making for the purchase of preventive behaviors of adolescents aged 10 to 17 years.
c) Strengthening of networking services
- Ongoing technical assistance to the regional government and local governments, aimed at the formulation of public policies for the protection of childhood and adolescence and comprehensive care to victims of human trafficking and ESNNA.
e) Visibility of the issue.
- Development and dissemination of audiovisual materials: aimed at preventing trafficking ESNNA and youth-oriented, parents and civil society in general for an ongoing campaign to protect children and adolescents.
- Strengthening protective factors in adolescent sexual exploitation in schools located in urban areas - marginal. Through awareness, information, case detection and development of life skills that enable face to prevent sexual exploitation of minors.
- Strengthening regional and local systems of comprehensive care for children and adolescents, through technical assistance in the effective management of public policies (governance).
- Restoration of rights to adolescent boys and girls in situations of sexual exploitation, through access to minimum rights such as education (schools, ICT), physical and mental health (psychotherapy), recreation (body language) and development (skills life) and strengthening the protective role of their families.
- Promotion of current public opinion against sexual exploitation, through strategic communication activities.
- Social audit the management of public policies on human trafficking, through the implementation of a regional citizen oversight.
- About us
- Get Involved